Fagers Smart Lock FSS™ Dee Bit - ANNA
This is Anna, a single jointed bit. The ergonomic pic of bit for your horse.
Anna might look like a regular snaffle but it actually has some very cool features.
Simply it is a three-way lock system that prevents the bit to overbend in any uncomfortable way.
The difference between regular lockup and FSS™ is bigger than you might think. While the horse are working the FSS™ are there to help in any position your horse head are moving in. From low position (stretching out) or higher (over a jump) the closure works even if the reins will pull the bit upwards and making the bit turn downwards where regular lockup would fail. In that way it is more forgiving against unespected movements of your hands.
Are you looking for a kind bit and have a sensitive horse, this bit is definitely worth trying. Perfect to have between other bits for communication work as well.
Dee rings lays more still than loose rings in horses mouth and are highly appreciated.
Some riders think their horse are a bit to heavy and get slower reactions on Dee rings, then I would recommend to try loose rings with Wings instead.
We tried this bit on some horses who were hard to bridle. They raised their head, tried to except the bit etc. Some of them were heavy on the bit and the riders used more and more hand. This could also be a way for the horse showing he is hurting.
These horses did not, it was just the way to escape the bit and the hand.
We took it back to basic and tried Anna.
After a couple of tries most of them where more relaxed and easier to bridle.
Anna with Wings worked better on those who wanted to “lay on the bit”
Horses who did play around with the bit, Dee rings worked best.
This is our points of experience after developing and let equestrians try this product:
- Anna is great for youngsters - Lays still and doesn’t take up much space.
- Both bar pressure and tounge pressure are applied when you ride with contact.
- Sweet iron (blue alloy) is more accepted by the horse than without.
- FSS™ is a cool new feature that prevents the bit to overbend and hit the palate in ang position of the head.
- Anna is close to a straight bit but still has the flexibility of a single jointed mouthpiece. Many horses gets a bit heavy on regular straight bits and shakes their heads with regular snaffles. Then Anna is the perfect mix.
- 105MM / 4¼" - 10MM
- 115MM / 4½" - 12MM